Monday, January 28, 2013

Gridlock





Blouse (J.Crew, similar here), Trousers (Zara), Shoes (Zara on major sale, similar here), Belt (J.Crew, similar here) Necklace (Dogeared)

Thanks largely in part to the Marc Jacobs S/S '13 show, the crispy Spring trend of monochromatic stripes, grid patterns, geometric pattern play, and black and white color blocking that has all of us swooning is providing endless amounts of outfit inspiration. 

Lately I've been obsessing over checkerboard prints and black and white everything. The trend has been cropping up everywhere over the last few months (LIKE MY CLOSET), from Zara to Tibi to Proenza Schouler, and I can barely contain my hair-pulling-out euphoria. (If there’s one thing I've always had in my closet more than anything else, it’s black and white striped shirts...like, a stupid amount of them.) And aside from my (I'll admit sometimes tiresome) obsession with mixing prints, I love the idea of playing with print proportion—like a larger open grid pattern with a classic houndstooth on a smaller scale. That, and this fuchsia windowpane blouse I scored for next to nothing over the holidays makes my eyes bleed it's so gorgeous.

Photos by the lovely and talented Rose Garrett

1 comment:

  1. You're the best. This is awesome. I can't afford anything you have on, but you've inspired me to add "mismatched prints" to my thrift store shopping sprees.

    ReplyDelete