Sunday, March 9, 2014

When the Juices Aren't Flowing

Coat (Zara, similar here), Shirt (Zara, similar here) Jeans (J.Crew - old, similar here), Heels (Nine West, here's my dream pair), Ring (Blanca Monros Gomez via Of a Kind), Necklaces (Dogeared

Despite the fact that I fancy myself otherwise, I think that in real life (in this case, real life means my endeavors to dress myself) I am actually not a creative person. Like, at all.

Please! Quiet your objections! I know, it's difficult to believe because according to my hair, I should possess Ms. Frizzle-status levels of innovative ability, and should also be loosely related to Lionel Richie's Jheri Curl circa any moment in the 1980s. 

But alas, each morning as I stand butt-naked before my closet, bewildered and frustrated by the prospect of having to clothe myself in a combination of things that thoroughly fools people into thinking that I am stylish and capable, my inability to conjure anything close to a formative idea, along with my subsequent knee-jerk reaction of reaching for the same blazer and the even more same pair jeans, reminds me that I am in fact completely devoid of imaginative faculties when it comes to what I wear. 

Which is why I'm over the moon for these white pumps. They've single-handedly revolutionized (overstating maybe?) my outfit-compiling process, in that they seem to make everything I wear not lame and boring by exacting a certain sharpness that elevates, say, an otherwise dull grey sweater to something that maybe a stylish someone would don.

They are a recent purchase, which means my relationship with them will go something like this: I will wear them over and over again on such annoyingly consecutive schedule as to induce eye-rolling from everyone that knows me, until my face falls off and I am so utterly sick of them that I hurl them at the floor and in disgust swear them off completely, until 6 months later when I rediscover them in a fit of closet cleaning and I fall deeply in love with them all over again. 

Except that won't happen with these because they're better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment