Thursday, April 25, 2013

Twirl

Blouse (Forever 21, similar here), Skirt (Banana Republic - old, similar here and here), Shoes (Zara - old, similar here), Necklace (Dogeared), Bracelet (Asos - old, similar here)

There is nothing quite like twirling your skirt when you're in a twirly skirt. I don't know about you guys, but I've been twirling for as long as I can rememberprobably since I came out of the womb. It is a lower brain kind of thing for me; I find myself wearing something twirlable, and I can't help but shoot my arms out to the sides, and start spinning (I've also been known to twirl in pants...and shorts...and basically everything else). That urge to spin is one reason a twirly skirt can serve as a rather effective mood lifter, especially in the middle of a mid-week slump (or slog, as it were). Not to mention, you just feel instantly more playful and swishy the second you put one on. I say, punctuate your wardrobe every now and then with something that twirls, and then Mary-Tyler-Moore the shit out of that thing, all the live long day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment