Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Blouse (Urban Outfitters - old, similar here), Trousers (Zara - OBSESSED with them because of course I am, similar here), Shoes (Boutique 9, similar here), Blazer (Bebe - this mofo is from high school, similar here), Necklace (Dogeared), Watch (Marc by Marc Jacobs - upgrade courtesy of the man!) 

BIG SURPRISE: I am wearing black and white. Followed by the even bigger surprise that I am once again stripe-ehd. But the long and short of it is, the classic combination of black and white is always chic, and (as trite as it sounds, it's true) always in style. The key is finding new ways to wear it on-trend, while still remaining true to the combo's minimalist roots. 

Striped trousers (along with striped everything elses) blew up this Spring, and of all the pairs out thereand I've probably tried at least 37 of them on—the Zara pair is by far my favorite (I know, I am full of surprises today). High-waisted, classic trouser cut, cuffs just before the break, POCKETS (can't get enough of pockets), breathable, and of course totally doable at around 80 bucks...And they love hanging out with my red patent leather pumps.

The moral of the story is that when I am in outfit doubt (or rather, when I have to catch my train in two minutes and I am standing butt naked, staring idiotically at my closet), the two solutions I know I can always count on to make me look put-together and effortlessly chic (when I am in fact neither of those things) are black and white, and stripessometimes together, sometimes separately. So wear black and white! Wear stripes! And never look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment