Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chiquita Banana

Toro! Toro! Toro!
I die.
Dress (Unknown SF brand via Anthropologie - old, similar here, here, and here), Tuxedo Jacket (Mango, similar here), SHOES! (Zara - face is melting, similar here), Necklace (Dogeared

Remember THIS SITUATION

Well I bought those Zara mothers. I bought the shit out of them. 

And after only two wears, they've already paid for themselves in gaspy, excited compliments courtesy of passersby. They are indeed a bold statement, but one that must be made. 

And with this dress? Forget about it. With pieces that are this Carmen-Miranda-y, separately and together, the tux jacket plays an important role here. Not only does it highlight the black and the white in the shoes, and tie it all together top-to-bottom, but it also serves as a crisp, calming force that balances out the look and keeps things in check. Also, I just plain love a good tuxedo jacket. 

There isn't really much more to say because the shoes say it all, and then some. All that can really be said is that it's wearing this pair of shoes when I feel most like myself. 

Photos © Rose Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment