Monday, August 19, 2013

Flower Power Suit

Suit Jacket and Trousers (Zara, similar here), Shirt (J.Crew - old, similar here), Shoes (Rachel Roy, similar here),
Necklaces (both Dogeared here and here),  Watch (Marc by Marc Jacobs)

Zara Summer Sale, I am at your mercy. 

Well, was...but I think I worked that out of my system. Hence the floral suit, and 37 other deeply discounted items I had been coveting over the last 3 months or so, finally purchased in an excited but highly logical frenzy. Summer Sales (I assure they warrant gratuitous capitalization) are the BEST. What's important to note, though, is that this foliage emblazoned power suit is one attempt (of many) to keep my dreams of a warm and vegetation filled Summer alive. 

My mind, my eyes, my shivering body, and my forever browsing and clicking fingers say it's Fall (thanks largely to the fact that according to the Fashion Universe Calendar, Fall started about a month ago and we're already deep into the phase of the seasonal transition where we are being beaten ceaselessly with images of tartan scarves, funnel-neck knits, folds of woolen fabric, and angry looking boots. God, I love it though..), but my heart says it's still Summer. 

I am clinging desperately to the last vestiges of the supine days of mid-year luxuriance, guys. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment