Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Date Night

Just hangin' out by some construction OBVIOUSLY.
Collar? Popped.
Headless.
VRRRRRRROOOOMMMMMMM....
Jacket (Zara, similar here), Shirt (Work It via Urban Outfitters, similar here), Skirt (Forever21- hollah!, similar here), Shoes (KORS Michael Kors, similar here), Necklace (Dogeared), Bracelets (Asos and Urban Outfitters, similar here

I wore this cheeky little number to Cotogna recently, on a date with my lovely sister, and I’m thinking I might take it for a spin again for Valentine’s Day with the man. The Rain is only one of the best songs (and videos!seriously, garbage bag jumpsuits?!) EH-VAR and probably one of the only things that made 6th grade bearable, now that I think about it. The fact is, this shirt, and its Missy references, does nothing but make me inordinately happy. So why not wear it out for a happy occasion like a date with your man, or a stuff-your-face-til-you-want-to-cry rager of a dinner with your sister?

I think wearing a white T-shirt out “for a night on the town” is a bold move, and one that more people should attempt. The key is not wearing a hooded sweatshirt or TOMSfor god’s sake NO TOMSalso. Pair it with extra shmancy pieces in luxe materials, like a metallic jacquard skirt that screams NYE or high gloss (and high heel) patent leather strappy sandals. (Sidebar: if you’re looking for more inspiration, or instruction as it were, on tee styling, Zara does a phenomenal job of styling T-shirts in all kyna ways, especially for the dressed up affair.)

Oh and incidentally, I, in fact, got the keys to the Jeep. (No really, I drive one.)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You make me want to wear something other than the same pair of jeans every single day (no, really, I'm going on 8 days now). Am I still too lazy to mix it up? Yup. But you're getting my wheels turning and that's... something... right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me so happy! And yes, wheels turning is totally something. At least in my book! So glad I'm not completely wasting my time with this...(Actually, that remains to be seen.) xo

      Delete