Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dream the Dream: NYFW Outfit Inspiration

Huzzah! New York Fashion Week, and the month of Fall runway shows and related global fashion happenings that ensue, starts TODAY, and consequently, so does my bout of biannual longing. It's that time of year where I sit idly and frustratingly by, pouring over the latest fashion publications each morning, as I renew my status as an ogler and envious non-participant of this hallowed affair.

While other fashion bloggers are running
RUNNING!Cannon EOS T3is in hand, gifted Minkoff clutches shoved up their armpits, pounds of clever invites jammed in their totes, to the tents and studio presentations and fabulous parties, I'll be watching back episodes of 30 Rock crying about how much I'm going to miss Liz Lemon, reading a British Vogue mumbling something to myself about Cara Delevigne's legs, and feverishly checking my Instagram for any and all FW tidbits and runway snaps.

But a girl can dream, and that's how I celebrate Fashion Week every twice-a-year—by drinking dreaming. That, and an unhealthy amount of aggro shopping. So here's what I would wear if I were attending NYFW (or any of the Fashion Weeks for that matter), and if I slept on piles of money.

Blazer (Lanvin), T-Shirt (Celine), Skirt (MSGM), Shoes (Tibi) Necklace (DANNIJO), Clutch (Lulu Guiness)

I said it was a "DREEEAM OUTFIT", okayyy??? In the meantime, I'll settle for a cheaper version that's just as chic and much easier on the pocket books: Blazer (similar here), T-Shirt (similar here), Skirt (similar here), Shoes (similar here), Necklace (similar here), and Clutch (similar here). KICK-OFF THE FASHION WEEK PARADE BY BUYING THINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment